New Construction Foundation Piers
Announcing the newest innovation in foundations…. Helical piers installed into the footings of a brand new slab.
Where else can you get a lifetime warranty on a new foundation?!
Foundation Piers Jackson, MS
If you are experiencing foundation problems, there are several repair options available—foundation piers being one of the most economical. For reliable and efficient service, you won’t find a better contractor in Jackson than Superior Foundation Services. We provide tailored solutions that work with the expansive soil prevalent in the region.
Superior Foundation Services is a leading provider of foundation piers in the Jackson area. We install foundation piers directly beneath the footer of your house. Using a hydraulic pump, we drive each segment of the pier into the ground under your foundation until it reaches the bedrock.
This method is the most durable and reliable form of stabilizing a building.
Benefits of Pier Foundation
Foundation piers are a popular foundation repair solution in areas with poor soil conditions. Jackson, Mississippi is built on Yazoo clay, a weak foundation material that reacts to moisture and fluctuates in volume. When it comes to installing pier foundations, however, this is advantageous for several reasons:
- Pier foundation is easy to install and requires fewer materials and less labor. The materials needed are also readily available.
- It is a cost-effective and time-efficient option that doesn’t require a lot of concrete and extensive excavation.
- This foundation repair technique doesn’t cause a lot of disruption to the soil structure. A shovel is enough for excavation, and this will cause negligible disturbance to the surrounding plant roots and soil organisms.
- Foundation piers are available in a wide variety of designs. Foundation repair contractors can use various materials to enhance the aesthetic look of your home without affecting your budget.
- A pier foundation lifts your home above the ground, preventing structural damage by floods. Additionally, a pier foundation makes it easier for workers to get under the space between your house and the land to fix electrical and plumbing issues, thanks to an increased amount of crawlspace.
Is Piering Right for Your Home?
If you would like to find out whether foundation piering is an appropriate solution for your home in Jackson MS, contact Superior Foundation Services today.
Foundation Piers Installation Process
In the Jackson area, foundation piering is a widespread technique, since it is uniquely designed for the expansive soils common to the region. Let’s explore the piers installation process for foundation repair more in-depth:
- Drilling the hole – The installation process begins with digging a 2-foot square hole with a shovel. The hole is typically 4-5 feet below the ground level and extends beneath the grade beam.
- Cylinders installation – After digging the hole and exposing the grade beam, the next step is to place a pre-fabricated concreted cylinder at the hole’s bottom, directly under the grade beam. Following this step is the placement of a hydraulic ram between the top of the cylinder and the grade beam’s bottom.
The hydraulic ram will help press the cylinder into the ground. Additional cylinders are added and pressed to the point of refusal. Namely, more force is needed to press the piers deeper than is necessary to elevate the house.
- Fitting a concrete cap – Once the cylinders are pressed to the point of refusal, they are fitted with a concrete cap, in addition to more cylinders. Afterward, the house is raised using bottle jacks as close to its initial position as possible. The process of which is done while minimizing unnecessary damage to the structure.
After the house is successfully raised, the gap between the piering and the grade beam is filled using steel shims or concrete blocks.
Contact Superior Foundation Services in Jackson, MS
If you feel your house might be having foundation issues, call Superior Foundation Services today. We are a premier foundation piers installation expert in the Jackson area and can provide you with a comprehensive and efficient solution. We look forward to hearing from you.